1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: HARLACHER Patentanwaltskanzlei (hereinafter: HARLACHER), Kupferdreher Str. 282, D-45257 Essen, Germany Email: harlacher[at]harpat.de Phone: +49 (0)201 – 45 13 97 64 Fax: +49 (0)201 – 45 13 97 65
HARLACHER’s data protection officer can be contacted at the above address or at harlacher[at]harpat.de.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and how and why it is used
When visiting the websiteWhen you visit our website www.harpat.de, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensure comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
3. Passing on data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary, in accordance with Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR, for handling our contractual relationships with you.
4. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Article 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
5. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article (6) (1) (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to harlacher[at]harpat.de is sufficient.
6. Data security
We use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser on https://harpat.de within the website visit. Usually this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
7. Validity of and amendments to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can call up and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website under https://www.harpat.de/datenschutz.